Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jamison and Facebook--a Year's Worth of Status Updates: the next 4 months

February

- Jamison attended his first Maryland men's Bball game today. He slept most of the game, in spite of the loud, cussing old men next to us, the band 40 feet away and all in all, a loud crowd. He woke up after the game winning shot (good job Cliff!). It was a lovely day for the family. Now time for sleep

-

- Watching the Winter Olympics with Jamison,,,its our first Olympic experience. Too bad he'll be asleep in about 12 minutes. Wait, he's already asleep! Let me say that he is a super baby...he's starting to smile a lot, in fact earlier while Adrienne was feeding him, she had to stop cuz he was laughing so much. Then she laughed. Then he laughed. It was a beautiful, Olympic like moment.

March 

- Daily Poop Log: 3/3 9:13 am. In the ongoing and now epic battle in poop and onesie vs. daddy, score one for poop and onsie. The running score is now P/O 12, daddy 0. In the middle of eating and while watching our favorite show--Walker Texas Ranger, Jamison unleashed. I'm beginning to believe he has two rectums given the coverage his poop has. Up the back, under the arm, just all over.

- Part 2: As I struggled with a onesie that had a death grip on his soft body, he pooped again. I caught it with a wipe (quite an athletic move I must say) and quickly got the bath water started. Into the tub he went, where we cleaned him up from head to toe

-Part 3: As I lay him on his towel and turned away so as to have my son not see his father weep at taking yet another "L" in this epic battle, my attention was drawn to a seemingly new fountain in our bathroom. If only I had a penny with which to make a wish. He peed, he laughed. I peed, I cried. Oh the carnage. The oneise, his body, the towel, his pad cover, my memories. Poop, I curse thee.

- The epilogue: Poop is to me what Walker is to injustice, an invincible force that wins every time

- Proud dad moment--Jamison fell asleep in his high chair. Now I really now that he is my son. Somewhere my boys Michael Carter and Aaron Kinchen are smiling. Chubbsters unite, Jamison is the chosen one. Our next step, a trip to the buffet bar at the Golden Corral (hey Bowie State!). I'll bring my special Sport and a blanket and pillow for the little guy.

- So Jamison and I went to the park and I figured we'd be adventurous and walk around this lake. Didn't know it was the Howard County equivalent of Lake Michigan. Halfway around Jamison was dragging me while he worked some Fred Flintstone like magic with his stroller. By the end, we both laid there while geese pecked at our motionless bodies.

April

- With the 1st pick in the 2009 baby draft, Jonathan & Adrienne select..Jamison Maxwell England. A chubby little dude w/ good strength & a healthy curiosity, his ability to poop in such a way as to ruin a onesie coupled w/ a charming, bubbly personality & killer smile make him a solid prospect for stardom. Good choice here. No chance they trade him to the Ravens for two pairs of purple socks and Flacco. He's a keeper!

- So my wife bought Jamison what we call "short pants" and then we she put them on, they looked like some of the spandex the old dudes wear at the gym (complete with that "I'm wearing a 'Depends' underneath my clothes look). The sad thing--they were 9 months size clothes. The good news: his new size 12 months clothes fit better. The bad news--he just turned 4 Months old! Slow your roll boy.

May
-Jamison ate his first "real" meal today! Some rice cereal. Pictures and video coming soon. After he was done, he burped, said that was some good stuff, and asked me to take him to Popeyes.

- Jamison is in a state of bliss....8 back to back episodes of Walker, Texas Rangers then an afternoon Nationals game. I asked if he wanted to go to the mall and scope some little honies, he said, "daddy, its Walker. The girls can wait." The father-son bond grows stronger by the day.

- Jamison will let you hang out with him for $3.28 per hour. Or a 4 nugget meal from Chic-Fil-A. Serious inquiries only

- Its been a while since a milestone event in the battle of poop vs. daddy..but people, today, the war escalated big time. I'm talking Defcon 4 (not even sure what it means, but I've seen it in movies like "War Games"). The boy had sweet potatoes last night...and they unleashed their vengeance this morning. I was totally unprepared for this attack.




No comments:

Post a Comment