Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jamison and Facebook--a Year's Worth of Status Updates: The remainder

June

- Yawn.....Jamison woke up to tell me two things: 1) this game is boring and 2) Kobe is a bama. Even a lil youngin' knows that

- Changing a diaper and dressing a baby qualifies as an Olympic sport..its a little shotput (the diaper into the trash), some curling (sweeping up poop in a messy moment), 100 yard dash, synchronized swimming and definitely a lot of greco-roman wrestling. Gold medal for daddy!

- A clutch moment tonight. 54 seconds left, down by 1. Small but intense crowd sitting on the edge of their seats. Even the little kids all high on sugar ceased their frolicking for a brief moment. Brother Jamison drooling as he watches, quietly debating his next step (choices: poop or sleep). Ryann steps to the free throw line, banks in the first for the tie & calmly swishes the final shot. Sharks win! Sharks win!

-Took Jamison to the bank with me to pay the mortgage. He smiled, I cried. Oh to be a baby once again.

- Chuck Norris' coolness is off the charts. Jamison can't even nap because he's glued to the TV. And he's taking notes. Chuck Norris doesn't kiss babies, he turns them into men. Go Chuck!

- An NBA Finals inspired post. Jamison is the most interesting baby in the world. He spells Kobe B-A-M-A. His gurgling noises topped ITunes sales charts. Ron Artest told his psychiatrist that the ink spots look like Jamison's poop. Big Baby is fat. Jamison is athletically plump. Phil Jackson has 11 rings. Jamison has 12 fingers. Kobe's middle name is bean. Jamison eats beans for lunch.

July

- I swear Jamison was just humming that old song from Rocky "Eye of the Tiger." I hope he does have the eye of the Tiger cuz sometimes daddy has the eye of the Sloth. Gotta get to work.

-  A Moment in the life of a dad: Episode 1. Was recently introduced to this kids show called "Hip Hop Harry." He's a large bear, who sports a kangol and a medallion (think Flava Flav but its not a clock, its an H). He raps to virtually everything and does not have the flow of the BP well, he's pretty bad. As Jamison and I watched it, I had flashbacks to "Ice Ice Baby"......I cried. Jamison laughed. I looked at him and he said "Word to your mutha".....and I'm out.

August

- Breaking news...Jamison just had his first experience with Pork. Moment of silence--these "first" can be so emotionally overwhelming. First chicken, now pork.....the little guy will be at Golden Corral before I know it!

- church was lovely. I think Jamison caught the spirit today during a song..(Nikki was rocking "Great is Thy Faithfulness")..he started kicking and moving around and I swear he said "hallelujah"

- Little Jamison definitely has my heart, but now he's inside my soul. Yesterday, the little guy tried chicken--and he liked it (granted, he likes EVERYTHING!) but he just proved that he is a chip off the old rooster. My heart tingles with joy knowing that he and I can enjoy the delights of chicken in the future. Meet us at Chic-Fil-A....its going down!

September

-  Jamison is the coolest kid ever. Where's he get it from he gets it from his mama.

-The little guy--Jamison--is 9 months old today......seems like yesterday. Next thing I know he'll be wearing skinny jeans, walking around the mall texting folk and asking for money....how do we slow down time?

October

- Jamison on the drums! I got misty eyed thinking about him playing drums in a go-go band...its every fathers dream. He's gonna need a cool name like Nucky or Neck bone or maybe Sticky Fingers....but he's got the talent.

November

Jamison called me a cotton-headed ninny muggin. I told him that he sits on a throne of lies. Not sure what concerns me most about him--the fact that he likes older women or that he has the vocabulary of a 32 year old Elf at age 11 1/2 months! We are in trouble

- Jamison is gumming the heck oit of this apple.....this boy loves to eat

- Up bright and early...been up!...with the little guy. We gotta work on this desire to play before say, noon. But what never ceases to amaze me, no matter when he awakes, he is always happy and ready to enjoy his day.

- Really cool taking my children with me to vote....Jamison crawled around on the floor and tried to find a baby girl to kiss...he saw a youngin' with an Ehrlich sticker and he crawled away. Even he understood that we can't go back!

- Jamison kissed a girl and he liked it! So, Adrienne just told me that Jamison crawled up to a baby girl at story time at the library and then planted a kiss on her. And it was a sista too...so now Adrienne thinks Jamison likes "chocolate" women. And he was staring at the grandma like "what, I like you too. "Who knew the lil guy was a casanova!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment